Saturday, February 26, 2011

Short Update

Wow, so it has been a really long time hasn't it? Things have been quite busy though and I should have a little more time to play with things but my interests have changed somewhat.

In addition to the simple r/c stuff I have been doing for a while, I have started doing some microcontroller programming with an Arduino and programming with a LEGO MINDSTORMS kit to get a little into the robotics world. I have also begun working on amateur UAV work as well with some hardware from DIY Drones and that has been fun. It's been fairly time consuming but I'm learning a whole lot and it is great.
I have always used MATLAB in a lot of the stuff I did at school and I still use it at work but since I don't have a copy at home, I'm considering learning Python as it's fairly similar to MATLAB from what I have heard. I'm excited to get going on it and looking for a good book. If anyone has any recommendations, that would be great!
Anyway, this isn't just an r/c blog anymore but it's more a compilation of all the nerd stuff that I do now and I'll post updates as they come along. Some of the projects I'm working on will take some time but that's okay. I'll have good informative posts when all is said and done.
Stay tuned...

0 comments: