Sunday, April 20, 2008

Aerial Video Part I

This is the first of a three part set of videos. It was orignally four videos but the fourth file got corrupted somehow and I couldn't recover the video. If I remember correctly, it was the one I looked forward to the most. Oh well, you can't have it all I suppose.
Again, this video was taken in Tucson, AZ. Most of the videos were all taken early in the morning around 5:00 or 5:30. We woke up really early since we stayed on an Oklahoma schedule. Also, it wasn't 115 degrees outside then either but more like 80 so it was quite nice to fly. It also helped keep the temperatures down on the speed control, motor, and battery so was less taxing on the electronics onboard the plane.
This was the first video with a view from the side. I turned the camera sideways to get the view because I still didn't know what to do to get a good forward facing view. The same applies for the other two in this set. It was a pretty standard flight. I did get so high that I couldn't figure out which way I was going so there's a spot where I lose control a bit.
When I was taking the videos, I really enjoyed flying but I looked forward to the videos I got afterwards. It's always interesting to see what you get when you finally get the video on the computer.
Enjoy!



http://youtu.be/qmItfXtmzYs

Length: 5:06

0 comments: